Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas to you all :)

Christmastime is finally here! Being from a part of the world where summer and monsoon run a very convenient duopoly throughout the year, I've always cherished the winter time. I often consider myself gifted in the art of  finding good excuses to not to work and winter vacation has yet to fail me in this regard! For me Christmas is the biggest congregation of favorable conditions. This the time of the year when I commit myself  into all shorts of atrocities that otherwise won't go unpunished! I can eat staggering amount of cakes and cookies, buy utterly useless things or even go wild with my hardware and still get away with it - such is the spirit of Christmas! Take the incident from last year for example, when I ran some crazy amount of voltage through my now venerable i7 920 (Bloomfield, D0 stepping) for a suicidal 4.2GHz on air! Now that I look back at the whole event, I can't help feeling that it was the combined effect of Christmas and an idle brain that had put me up it. And the fact that my Nehalem survived that peril is a miracle in itself! These are situations where people find religion; for me, I was lucky enough to find my Noctua NH-D14!

I've learned my lessons since and this year I'm inclined to put a bridle on my avarice for free megahertz! As a self-inflicted punishment, this time around I'll undervolt every component in my computer. To achieve this, I've to stoop to some new lows as far as temperatures are concerned but that's part of the penance! I've also to put together couple of builds for my friends and any extreme benchmarking or off-limit OC'ing that I do during this time, will be done strictly on those rigs. I know these are very drastic measures but you need not worry as we enthusiast are accustomed to such acts of self-sacrifice; this is what makes us so special! Never mind whose silicon it's that got burnt as long as you get to read all the gory details here at Technoprozium. After all this is the season to be jolly!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year :)


No comments: